In my last post I wrote about our hodts and how we were having a hard time with them and their way of life. Many things have happened since then... no, they haven't changed how they act toward us, we have simply shared experiences with them that have brought me (and Kelsey) to more of a point of understanding and compassion.
Things have been up and down for all of us. There have been plenty of "domestic things" as Mary calls it, not only between Kels and I, but also Neil and Mary. Yesterday Kelsey and I had another one of our "things", for the first time in a while (relatively speaking). Things were going so well for us for the first week here in Avéron-Bergelle, bonding over the little things that were irritating us about our surroundings, wich took the spotlight off of ourselves. But as we got more and more settled here and started to pick up routines, and didn't need to lean on eachother so much anymore, we had time to think. Thinking is usually recommended, but in some circumstances it is better (or I guess easier) to just keep busy.
Anyway, so things grew and grew: first there was almost one complete day of silence for no apparent reason (mostly coming from one of us...), and then, after trying to figure it out and both saying that nothing was wrong (when it couldnt have been clearer), it came to a loud argument, harsh words and some tears, followed by ignoring for the rest of the day... Mary picked up on this and very slyly pulled us each into a room seperately for a "chat". The things she said to me opened my eyes not to our problems and how to solve them, but to our differences... We are such completely different people.
So, by bed time we had both had time to 'cool off', and to think about the words of wisdom Mary had shared. We sucked up our pride and talked it over. There were apologies and acceptances, confesions and explanations. It wasnt the first time this king of thing has happpened, and it surely won't be the last.
Something I am starting to learn to truely accept and embrace is that everyone's different. Yes, I knew that before, but only now has it proven to really have an effect on my life and relationships with those around me. I have astrong personality and some tough habits that can both help and hurt. If I can find a way to be in a way that can bring people (Kelsey) up, instead of trap them, it woul greatly improve all my relationships!
☆★Iolani★☆
Tomorrow (or the next day) I'll write about what we've actually bern doing ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment