Thursday, November 20, 2014

Back Here...

Being here in Chile with friends and "family" has been wonderful! It's comfortable, and that is nice, but it's also proving to be a bit suffocating. I'm starting to itch for adventure!
I spent 5 days in Concepción, Chile, visiting old friends, making new friends, relaxing, cooking and eating, biking, reading and writing, etc. It was very nice to spend time with Felipe (a friend from my exchange 3 years ago) again, and we got along just like before! 
I struggled a bit with the cultural differences at the beginning, but the culture shock was gentle this time around. Things like: men serving, asking, helping women with their EVERY move (I like carrying my own bag, and standing up on my own, etc.); and the way the nana (...another difficulty for me...) fills my plate for me at lunch, piling sooo much food on, half of which ends up being wasted; and the general laziness of everyone here, who drive 2 blocks to go to the store...and forget going for a run...! So, I need to try to keep myself on track and not fall into the routine here.
(I'm m going to just post what I've  written so far because I know I'll just keep putting it off if I don't...)
Another update soooon[er]!

No comments:

Post a Comment