I'm haven't felt particularly inspired by anything here to write about in my blog, and I haven't been really feeling all the way HERE. So, I decided that what needed to be done was for me to change my plans quickly and do something spontaneous - like what every day of my travel life is usually made up of. So yesterday, as the bride and groom were about to drop me off at the bus station (on their way to Santiago) to get on a bus back to Linares, I asked them if it would be okay for me to tag along with them to Santiago.... Yes!
So, 4.5hrs later, I showed up at a friends apartment in Santiago (I had taken a snap shot of the address a while back, just in case), knocked on the door, and asked if I could stay for the night.... Yes!
In the evening, I went onto the workaway website and wrote to a few hostels around Santiago, Valparaiso, Viña del Mar, etc. (which are all within a 2hr bus ride radius) and asked if they needed some short term help...starting TOMORROW, and I decided that the first to respond would decide where I'd go! And if no one responded, I'd decide in the morning.
This morning (25/11/14) there were a few messages from workaway, most saying that they didn't need a helper at the moment or that it was too short a time for their preferences, but one did say that they'd be waiting for me!
So, I searched the Nona B&B online; found the address and the instructions on how to arrive; packed my things; walked to the metro which took me to the bus station; caught a bus to Valparaiso; and then a "micro" across the city; and one of the big elevators you need to get up the mountain that the city is built on; and finally, rang the bell!
This place is pretty perfect (Mom, if you ever read this, this is exactly the kind of place I could see you having!)! It's a couple, with new born twins and a grandmother who have lived here for many years and a few years ago decided to share their house and enchanting city with travelers. It only has 4 private rooms (one of which I am occupying now) so it has more of a homey atmosphere than hostels. The owner, René, emphasized, during his explanation of my duties here, that this is their house and they want the guests to really feel at home here. It has only been about 7 hours since I arrived, but I can tell you, I sure feel that way!!
The B&B in on Cerro Alegre, on of the more touristic cerros (mountain) of Valpo, due to it's mind-blowing graffiti, and perfect vista points of the inexplicable beauty and uniqueness of the infrastructure here!
I walked around for a couple hours after arriving, and I feel a bit more alive!!
It's late here...😊...more soon!
P.s. I'll be posting the photos to FB)
Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing!
Love you!!!!!
Dear Iolani
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like an absolutely amazing place
I'm so happy that you listened to your intuitive voice and then the universe conspired to support your efforts
I love you and miss you
Mama