Everyone is still asleep, taking their siesta, and all around the house people are hustling around getting big tents and food and flowers ready for the graduation party that is happening here tonight. I tried for a while to chase around that nanas and help them with their cooking and cleaning, but soon realized that I was being more of a hinderance than help. Then I sat outside for a bit to read, and after about 20minutes, realized I had just gotten a nice, red sunburn. I would go out into town and try to meet up with people or just walk around, but seeing as everything is closed due to the heat, and my friends are all a) at University somewhere else, b) in classes now, or c) hustling around getting ready for the graduation today, I just decided not to run off, but to enjoy not having anything to worry about...oh, and maybe decide which country I'll be going to in a week!
Tonight, the graduation is at 21h, then the party at the house is at 22h, then another party that my host sister wants me to go to with her because her boyfriend can't is from 3-5am. Then I come back, pack up my bag, and get on a bus to Chillán where I was invited to go to a wedding...and do multiple hair-dos beforehand. And that'll go on until 5ish the next morning...!!!
I arrived here in Linares yesterday, and surprised my host siblings and father who didn't know I was coming. It was a glorious little reunion, and then lots of questions like "Why are you only staying for a week?! We thought at least a month. How rude!", and "How could you wear something like that?", and "Are you ever going to go to college?", and "Why don't you shave your upper legs? You've become such a hippie while traveling.", and "You need to be here for the holidays!" Etc. So, I guess I'm feeling a bit suffocated. But I know they mean best and that it's all just cultural differences, so I just try to pick my battles wisely, smile, and say I haven't made any solid plans yet...
We'll see how things go this weekend, and then when I get back here to Linares after the wedding, and then hopefully I'll write a more interesting blog post without just venting.
:)

Have a great time and say hi to everyone!!!
ReplyDelete