I quickly got comfortable and lost my momentum; but thanks to my spontaneous decision to buy a plane ticket to S America, I didn't have too much of a choice about leaving come fall...which I do see is a good thing, even though sitting here in the San Salvador airport on a layover, there are few things I want more than to be home, cooking, or gardening, or at work...
But I have absolutely no obligations to anyone, no future commitments on the calendar, and a bank account full of hard-earned $$$ waiting to be spent on some incredible and unforgettable adventure, so I am going to do my best to focus on making the very most of this fortunate life I was given, and this place I've gotten myself to!
My darling father and I got up at 3:30 this morning to drive to JFK Airport in time for my flight. In the car, we kept reminding each other and ourselves that we weren't just driving to a contra dance, or on some road trip, but that I was actually LEAVING!
After a 5hr flight landing me in El Salvador at 13:30, I'm sitting here writing this blog, and this still doesn't feel real. Honestly!!
I have another 5hrs of waiting before the 2nd leg of my journey. I'll be flying from here (SAL) to Lima, Peru where we'll be la sing at 2am local time. Then I have a 21hr layover in Lima before the last leg of my trip which will be landing in Santiago, Chile at 3am local time!
But, now I need to go and figure out how to buy a bus ticket online (which is not easy in these less developed countries) out of Chile - or else they won't let me enter the country.
More soon...!
~Iolani



So good to be able to follow your course �� thank you !
ReplyDelete